Fun Facts About Belize:
- There is no McDonalds, Burger King, Starbucks or KFC in the entire country of Belize :(
- The tallest building in Belize is a Mayan temple!
- There are only three stop lights in Belize and only one is working.
- Belize is the only Central American country where English is the official language.
- Belize has around 900 Mayan sites.
- Belize has no natural beach. There is one man-made beach called Kukumba Beach.
- Belize is also known as the “Jewel in the heart of the Caribbean basin”
- The national flower of Belize is the black orchid, a true black beauty indeed.
Belize was the third country that we visited on our cruise. I enjoyed the time here in Belize city. Next, to Mexico, Belize would be my favourite. We were very much on a budget so we didn't grab any of the excursions on board. We decided to wait until we got to port and I am glad we did because we got an awesome deal. We opted for a tour that included a rum tour, a tour around the city and beach pass to Kukumba beach. Sounds like a $100 package right? It was only $35! There were a lot of other packages that included the zoo, visiting the ruins and other amazing attractions so if you get to the port listen out for these awesome packages.
Here are some things you can do in Belize City
Tour The City
Take a short scenic tour around the city of Belize. Hear about Belize's culture, economics and architecture.
The Belize Zoo
If you are an animal lover this would be the perfect activity for you. It's also perfect for kids and families.
Shopping in the port
Go shopping. It's the perfect opportunity to get souvenirs to take home with you or to get some really unique pieces.
Zip lining and Cave Tubing
Perfect for adventure junkies. Zip line through the rain forest and swim or float through the cave.The prices usually range from 110 USD per person.