How To Stop Being Busy and Actually Get Work Done
Have you ever been asked what going on with you and you reply "I'm busy" and when the person asks "busy doing?" and you're unable to answer? Well, this happened to me a year ago when I was just started officially working on my own. Being "busy" meant I was doing well, I was successful.
Soon being busy didn't feel so good. I was so tired and exhausted. Overall, I wasn't happy like I thought I would be and I knew I had to do something about it. I knew I needed to make some changes in my life and change my mindset. Every goal I conquered, every level I accomplished required a different version of me. I will constantly need to evaluate myself at each stage to see what I need to get to the next level. I took some time to get to know myself more, write down my goals and learn new things I knew would be beneficial to me and my business. I did all of this on a 7-day western cruise to the Caribbean that you can read about here.
Here Is How To Stop Being Busy and Actually Get Work Done
1. Stop Saying you're busy.
2. Know that busy doesn't mean productive. You can be busy doing nothing.
3. You want to be efficient which is completing as many tasks you can but you also want to be effective.
4. Do more of the things that make you happy.
5. Do more tasks that will bring you closer to your goals.
6. Include "fun" time.
7. Become self-aware. Get to know yourself as a person, who are you? what do you like?
8. Learn to rest not to quit.
9. Don't set too many goals.
10. Get a to-do list, try a scheduling app, some people work better with music, some people like a quiet environment. Find a system that works for you.