Fiverr is one of my favorite freelancing sites. I've been on a few but this site stands out the most and holds a special place in my heart because I was able to take myself out of debt working on this site. When I say debt, I don't mean a small figure either. At the time I started Fiverr I was a university student who had my tuition and other loans to pay off. Know the feeling? By the time I had graduated all the loans were already paid for with the help of freelancing of Fiverr.
If you've never heard of the term freelancing before, it simply means you're selling your services in exchange for money. A lot of people have been turning to freelancing and blogging because they want to escape the dreaded 9-5 for something a little more exciting. Freelancing can be fun and rewarding but it can be time-consuming also.
Below is a screenshot of my earnings for the month of September 2017. It's definitely not my best month but it definitely got the bills paid.
Now, many have tried Fiverr and have never been able to make a dollar and some have been doing excellent on the site. The thing about sites like Fiverr is, you have to spend some time setting up your account the right way. Some people aren't dedicated to setting up their profiles and expect to make millions off the site. If you can't find time to make a professional fiverr account, why should anyone take you or your account seriously? The account is a reflection of you since the services are offered virtually and not face to face. Having a professional account is key.
Creating Your Fiverr Account
- Go to www.fiverr.com and click sign up. Enter your email address, username and password.
- Check your email for the confirmation mail.
- Click the link in the confirmation mail.
- Next step would be is to complete your profile.
Fiverr is pretty interactive for the most part. Once you create your profile you will prompted to do certain actions to complete your profile. Simply follow the instructions to get your profile 100% complete.
Here Are Some Tips For Fiverr
- Think about the services you want to offer and come up with at least 7/gigs services.
- Always use high-quality photos.
- Profiles with more than 7 gigs/services tend to do better.
- Check your descriptions for grammatical errors.
- Make sure your descriptions are straight to the point but thoroughly describes your offering.
- Check out the top sellers on the site and emulate them.
- Add gig videos to your gig.
- Use seo to help your gigs get found.
- Add upsells to your services so you can charge more.
- When selecting a good delivery time try to offer a short turn around time but make sure that the time you select makes sense for you.
Check out this amazing article on how to make your fiverr profile stand out. Click here
Overall Fiverr is an amazing freelancing platform. If you are considering working from home or starting a business online this is a good route to take. The account is free to set up and very easy to set up. If you are already on Fiverr, comment below and let me know how it's going for you. If you love Fiverr as much as I do comment "Fiverr Rocks". If you've created your account and need a little extra help click on the pink below.