Proofreading means examining your text carefully and find correct typographical errors and mistakes in grammar, style and spelling.
Where to offer services
- If you've just finished writing the text you'll probably need time to start proofreading your work. If it's still familiar to you there's a chance you'll miss a few errors. Take a break before proofreading.
- You can use apps like Grammarly to help with proofreading the document.
- Find a quiet place to work and proofread your document without distractions.
- You can work from a printout and not a computer screen.
- Read out loud.
- Read it backwards to focus on spelling.
- Have others read it.
- Read one sentence and paragraph at a time.
- Reread your changes.